Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Communications. We are fast, nimble and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital content for thirteen iconic brands, including Discovery Channel, TLC, Investigation Discovery and Animal Planet.
We are a small but mighty team working at the crossroads of technology and entertainment. The Director, Digital Strategy is part of the Analytics and Insights group and will be responsible for developing and implementing the digital strategy across the digital portfolio.
What’s in it for you?
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the digital business. As the Director, Digital Strategy you will drive the growth of the Discovery Digital business. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a dynamic, passionate and incredibly talented creative team. With your drive, focus on big picture and influencing skills you will gain an in-depth understanding of all the digital offerings, the business and be a key drivers of the strategy.
1. Manage planning and forecasting of Digital Business
2. Manage multiple work-streams in a highly matrixed organization
3. Provide analysis and modeling financial impact of various strategic initiatives
4. Develop various KPI dashboards
5. Partner with various Digital functions including the Content, Marketing and Product team
6. Work closely with the Digital Strategy and Insights teams
7. Develop tests and analysis to measure impact of various initiatives to drive TVE business
8. Research and Develop plans for Direct to Consumer Digital businesses
9. Support Digital Insights leader in preparing Digital Strategy materials
10. Attend Digital leadership meetings for strategic discussions
11. Develop and build execution plan for new ideas to grow Digital Business
12. Develop strategy presentations for Senior Leadership
* Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred
* 5+ years of Consulting, Investment Banking or Corporate Strategy experience
* Experience in strategy development and implementation
* Experience in developing financial models
* Strong analytical skills
* Preferred statistical background
* Ability to recognize and communicate meaningful patterns in data
* Experience in market research or digital media strongly preferred
* Strong project management skills
* Excellent attention to detail; must demonstrate ability for consistent accuracy
* Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
* Significant experience in creating and presenting Power Point decks
* Highly collaborative and ability to demonstrate diplomacy, tact and integrity
* Ability to work effectively as part of a team
* Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York, New York City, NYC, NY