Discovery is the number-one nonfiction media company, with a reach that encompasses television as well as digital media, retail products and online educational services. Our goal of helping people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity depends on maintaining a creative and entrepreneurial environment where individual expression, achievement and recognition go hand-in-hand with our business objectives and performance.
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement. Discovery Education's services are available not only in half of all U.S. schools, but in half of all English primary schools, numerous institutes of higher learning, and in 50 countries around the world.
Discovery Education builds strategic partnerships with school districts to transform teaching and learning through the implementation of engaging standards-based K-12 digital curriculum, delivery of intensive professional development, and engagement within the global educator community. Through productive collaboration with school district partners, Customer Success achieves partnership goals and demonstrates educational impact, leading to retention and growth.
The Customer Success Manager oversees a portfolio of accounts in their region. Their responsibilities include account planning, relationship management to achieve partnership goals, mitigate risks, support growth opportunities, and secure renewals. They lead account planning through productive collaboration with Discovery Education Teams including Partnerships/Sales, Professional Development, the Educator Community, and Marketing. This collaboration focuses on setting priorities and allocating resources based on account and business goals. To succeed in this role, the Customer Success Manager builds strong relationships and consensus with key stakeholders in their accounts and across Discovery Education Teams.
The Customer Success Manager has strong strategic planning skills, experience supporting growth and renewal goals, outstanding relationship management and consensus-building capabilities (with partners and internal stakeholders), account management experience, process and technology acumen, and other skills required to manage a growing book of business. They contribute positively to a collaborative and growth-minded team who is passionate about working with educators.
1. Facilitate Internal Collaboration –Facilitate and lead strategic account planning, prioritization, and resource allocation by regularly, systematically, and productively engaging other internal teams that support the region to ensure that all deliverables are met and partnership goals are effectively and efficiently achieved.
2. Seamless Service Delivery – Act as the primary post-sale contact for assigned accounts and coordinate all aspects of implementation across customer lifecycle stages, including activities like goal setting and metrics, digital resources access, user management, usage monitoring, usage stimulation, professional development, educator community engagement, communications support for the partnership, and special events
3. Deep Relationship Management – Work with other teams that support the region to develop trusting and credible relationships with key account stakeholders in the Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Technology, Information Technology, and Communications Departments as well as school leadership teams and educators
4. Secure Renewals – Through lifecycle management, successfully navigate the renewal process with Discovery Education and district stakeholders
5. Support Expansion and Upsell- Work to identify opportunities and achieve regional expansion and partnership upsell targets
* Experience in account management required, preferably in a K-12 education environment
* Proven ability to facilitate strategic planning to achieve business targets and account goals
* Proven ability to build productive relationships and achieve consensus amongst internal and external groups
* Strong understanding of the process, systems, and skills needed to successfully manage a substantial book of business
* Ability to analyze account health and risks and respond proactively, productively, and rapidly when needed
* High energy and passion for education, with the ability to enthusiastically and authentically represent Discovery Education
* Experience implementing digital products and professional development in an education setting strongly preferred
* Teaching and district administration experience preferred
* Strong written and verbal communication and facilitation skills
* Ability to utilize different technologies, including PC applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), web 2.0 platforms, project management tools, and SalesForce
* Candidate must be willing to travel (~30-40%%) with seasonal variation
* Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Los Angeles, LA, California, CA