The User Acquisition Manager will oversee strategy, planning and execution of all paid marketing campaigns for a new kid-targeted mobile app, launching globally. The candidate must be a highly collaborative, global-minded, data driven and analytical number-cruncher who can independently manage multiple advertising campaigns in different markets as well as coordinate creative development and program execution. This role is well suited for an analytically strong, self-starter who is able to strategize yet be tactical, and who can execute with urgency and wants to make a direct impact on the growth of a business.
As a User Acquisition Manager, the ideal candidate will partner with key internal teams especially global partners to plan and execute all paid media and mobile user acquisition campaigns, analyze and optimize performance in real time, and identify and test new paid opportunities. The User Acquisition Manager will work closely with the Product Development Team, colleagues on the Marketing Team, Global Partners, Discovery Kids Stakeholders, and external partners and agencies to define, launch, test, measure, and optimize all paid marketing efforts.
The User Acquisition Manager is expected to possess a wide set of skills including paid media strategy and execution across channels, media buying, global marketing, kids marketing, mobile marketing strategy and execution, creative direction, rigorous analysis, identification of opportunities for optimization, application and management of optimizations, frequent communication, collaboration with others throughout the organization and world, and ongoing self-education, all accomplished with a highly productive work ethic, supporting demeanor, and the highest levels of professionalism.
1. Lead paid media strategy for kids-targeted mobile title across channels including mobile, digital, social, broadcast, SEM, display
2. Work closely with Product Development and Global Teams to ensure goals and priorities are aligned
3. Partner closely with regional teams to implement localized global strategy by market
4. Build advertising plans, performance metrics targets, and budgets that align with business goals - and be prepared to update them quickly as priorities may shift
5. Launch, optimize and scale paid campaigns globally across digital, social, and mobile channels
6. Monitor, optimize and report performance of campaigns on an ongoing basis
7. Develop test plans, measure performance, and make recommendations based on testing
8. Continually test new partners, campaigns and creative to drive highest yield
9. Manage relationships with external partners
10. Identify and engage media agencies when needed for media buying on traditional channels in different global markets
11. Partner with Senior Marketing Manager to develop or manage production of best in class advertising creative for paid media campaigns working with both internal and external partners
12. Research and evaluate new user acquisition channels and propose new customer acquisition opportunities and new methodologies to scale media channels
13. Develop mid to long term business and technical ad product strategy for next generation of user acquisition at Discovery Kids
14. Perform campaign KPI analysis, generate insights and recommend and communicate actionable strategies and tactics for scaling while reducing cost per acqusition
15. Develop, analyze and present weekly, monthly and quarterly financial performance reports
16. Drive ASO including testing and optimization of keywords, screenshots, app description and content
17. Have thorough understanding of ad attribution and tracking with mobile measurement partners (i.e.TUNE, Adjust, Appsflyer, Kochava)
18. Monitor, optimize and report performance of campaigns on an ongoing basis.
* 3+yrs of mobile consumer advertising or mobile media buying experience with a strong track record of measurable results
* BA/BS required
* Proven track record managing successful and cost-effective campaigns and paid media buying for mobile products across channels including but not limited to mobile, digital, social (Facebook/iOS/Google/mobile ad networks), on-air, SEM
* Understanding of fundamental digital/mobile ad metrics and calculations (CTR, CPC, CPM, CPA, CPI, MAU)
* Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations
* Strong attention to detail and great organizational skills
* Expert campaign and media buying experience in Facebook, Instagram and other Social Channels and Mobile Ad Networks, including management of campaigns globally
* Hands-on experience with SEM including Google Shopping and Adwords. Google or Blueprint certified preferred
* Proficient with google tag manager, pixel tracking, google analytics and manipulating data in pivot tables.
* Personality suited to handle responsibility, leadership and deadlines under pressure
* Ability to implement strategic marketing as well as daily marketing execution and optimization
* Ability to effectively communicate and “sell” strategies, plans, and recommendations to cross-functional teams
* Excellent communications (oral and written) skills
* Strong technical aptitude and quick learning ability
* Genuine interest in social, gaming, analytics, and advertising a must
* SQL and/or Programming Experience a plus.
* Must be able to successfully work independently with most stakeholders based in other offices or traveling frequently
* Some travel may be required
* Must have the legal right to work in the US
* MBA preferred
* Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant area – marketing, communications
Los Angeles, LA, California, CA