Reporting to the Director of Digital Planning and Operations, the Programmatic Operations Specialist is responsible for contributing to programmatic revenue growth through operational and technical expertise, innovation, and quality. In this cross functional role, the Specialist will work closely with Ad Sales, Inventory/Planning, Ad Operations and various external clients to ensure the successful execution across various demand/supply side platforms and partner implementations. The ideal candidate will have a background working with Ad Tech, Ad Operations, and programmatic platforms – including but not limited to SSPs/DSPs, digital ad servers (DFP/Freewheel), and analytics/reporting systems. The position will be primarily focused on video platforms, requiring a solid understanding of the current video landscape, marketplace, and streaming technologies.
1. Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve technical issues with SSP/DSP partners across a wide set of programmatic deal types and end points
2. Works with internal Ad Tech and Digital Product teams through testing partner/platform integrations and application launches
3. Acts as a point of escalation and diagnostics for internal and external parties, inclusive of defining a process for early detection of issue items
4. Consults with the Programmatic Yield Manager and broader inventory management team to identify issues and define areas of risk and opportunity.
5. Manage relationships with external vendors and ad-tech partners from on-boarding through to activation
6. Proven ability to problem solve, troubleshoot, and execute on deliverables with a focus on achieving operational excellence and driving programmatic revenue
* 2-3 years experience in digital advertising with a strong background in Ad Operations or Ad Tech; video ad-serving experience preferred
* Experience with video ad serving platforms, Freewheel preferred
* Working knowledge of Open RTB spec/platforms
* Experience with debugging tools/systems (ie, Charles)
* Hands on experience with with 3rd party ad tags and measurement providers, including but not limited to VAST/VPAID tags, MOAT, IAS, DV, etc.
* Experience with server-side stitching a plus (ie, Verizon Uplynk)
* Able to make actionable and informed decisions, effective communicator
* Bachelor’s degree required
* Occasional travel required
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York, New York City, NYC, NY