Reporting to the SVP, Digital Ad Sales, this Programmatic Account Executive will be responsible for selling national advertising across the Discovery digital properties via Programmatic channels. This Account Executive will work with clients and advertising agencies nationally, to focus on monetizing Discovery’s full episode player video offering across all platforms. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in TVE/FEP programmatic video sales as well as strong negotiating skills and marketplace relationships.
1. Develop and maintain Agency Trading Desk strategy/business across Discovery’s Digital brands and platforms
2. Present the full range of programming, audience, and inventory offerings via programmatic channels to agency clients and DSPs (Demand Side Platforms)
3. Work with Account Leads to provide guidance in the creation, implementation and servicing of Private Marketplace deals with the digital sales team to drive programmatic revenue
4. Work with Discovery Sales & Marketing to integrate programmatic offering into sponsorships packages that align with client objectives
5. Collaborate on the strategic development of target accounts based on historical relationships and market trends
6. Prospect and identify New Business and set-up strategic meetings
7. Coordinate High Level Agency & Client Meetings and Roadshows
8. Work closely with Discovery’s Programmatic Yield Manager to execute sold campaigns
9. Fluently represent Discovery's programmatic offering in the marketplace
* Strong programmatic sales background, with a video focus and demonstrated ability to develop client relationships and key decision makers
* Strong understanding of the technology side of video monetization via programmatic channels
* Strong conceptual selling skills and the ability to position Discovery’s suite of digital networks against competing digital entities, as well as other advertising vehicles is required
* Strong analytical skills and 5+ years programmatic selling experience.
* Travel required.
* College degree a must.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.