The Manager – Tax Advisory will serve as an integral member of the corporate tax department supporting senior tax leaders through developing and implementing tax planning strategies to minimize U.S. federal & state and non-U.S. cash tax and effective tax rates.
1. Support senior tax leaders through developing and implementing tax planning strategies to minimize U.S. federal & state and non-U.S. cash tax and effective tax rates.
2. Perform U.S. federal and state income tax research and analysis, including writing technical memos supporting tax positions.
3. Prepare PowerPoint presentations to senior and business management documenting complex tax matters in a concise and effective manner.
4. Provide technical tax support relating to federal, state and non-U.S. income tax controversies.
5. Facilitate analysis relating to complex business transactions (acquisitions, dispositions, and joint ventures) and internal reorganizations to ensure transactions are designed, analyzed and implemented in a tax efficient manner.
6. Play a key role in the management of the tax department budget.
7. Provide limited assistance and oversight in the area of U.S. federal and non-U.S. income tax reporting (U.S. GAAP and non-U.S. statutory accounting).
8. Provide limited assistance reviewing certain components of the U.S. federal income tax return.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
* BS Accounting or related field
* CPA and/or MS Taxation a plus
* JD and/or LLM Taxation a plus
* Media/ entertainment industry background helpful.
* At least 5 years of progressive tax experience and a proven knowledge of the following:
o U.S. federal and non-U.S. income tax planning for corporations and partnerships
o Principles of U.S. international taxation
o U.S. and O.E.C.D. transfer pricing principles (services, intellectual property and financing)
o Cross-border M&A and associated due diligence
o U.S. federal income tax compliance and U.S. GAAP reporting
* Tax examination experience a plus;
* Strong project management skills;
* Excellent oral and written communication skills;
* Excellent analytical and modeling skills;
* Excellent MS Excel and PowerPoint skills;
* Excellent tax research skills;
* Ability to interact effectively with the accounting, treasury, legal and business development teams and members of the global tax department;
* A superior work ethic and a dedication to the highest work quality and job excellence;
* Demonstrated ability to contribute to a culture of excellence, integrity and accountability; and
* The legal right to work in the United States.