Discovery’s Human Resources team provides leading edge solutions to support the growth, development and overall health of our organization. Our group partners closely with the business to anticipate and deliver programs, products and solutions to keep our talent engaged and our company competitive.
The Human Resources Associate provides HR support to a portfolio of clients and day to day support for the HR team. The Associate will support implementation of processes and projects across project teams and collaborate on short and long term initiatives. This role will continuously review, challenge the status quo and develop initiatives that ensure Discovery remains an employer of choice.
1. Maintain a positive work environment through effective employee relations practices
2. Handle routine inquiries, correspondence and departmental administration, i.e., basic employee questions, organizational change administration, vacancy analysis, performance review support, exit interviews, etc.
3. Partner with HR team in the implementation of corporate programs, internal training, change management initiatives, etc.
4. Handle simple employee relations issues
5. Apply and communicate company policies
6. Partner with staffing and compensation team on recruitment of permanent and temporary staffing
7. Develop strong working relationships with all HR specialist functions to provide ‘seamless’ HR support and guidance to the business including: Staffing, Learning & Development, HRIS, Compensation & Benefits
8. Support HR projects across the business
* A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* 2-3 years’ practical work experience
* Experience in working with a culturally diverse workforce
* Knowledge of general HR services
* Solid analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
* Good project management skills
* Good influencing/negotiation skills
* Must have the legal right to work in the US