We are a small but mighty team working at the crossroads of technology and entertainment, building user experiences that enable Discovery’s content creators to tell better, more engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day.
Discovery's Digital Media group operates like a well funded start-up. We are fast, nimble and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital products for thirteen iconic brands, including Discovery Channel, TLC, Investigation Discovery and Animal Planet.
About the Opportunity
Discovery owns tons of content IP our producers create for superfans. We design and build the cool tech in-house and buy the non-strategic. Our business partners bring the audience and ad sales clients.
We need a dynamic and enthusiastic head of product to join in our adventure.
If you have a strong track record and passion for creating a product vision and driving cross functional teams to bringonly that vision to life, then we would love to talk to you!
1. In collaboration with business leaders understand and clearly communicate business needs, technology capabilities, viewer expectations and competitive activities to all the US networks’ units
2. Be the organization’s North Star by creating a well-articulated vision of our product strategy with a roadmap that exceeds viewer expectations and meets financial goals, then marshal the resources to make it happen
3. Lead and mentor a team of product managers, while rolling up your sleeves to directly contribute to the day-to-day improvements that make our products better meet viewer and business needs
4. Drive matrixed teams with strong influence and collaboration skills through the ideation, planning, design, development and continuous improvement of high quality user experiences
5. Gather requirements from all stakeholders to generate roadmaps, financial analysis, funnel designs, user journeys and prioritized epics to support high velocity product delivery
6. Ensure the integrity of the ideas are preserved through the delivery and go to market processes
7. Foster a culture of data driven product and design decisions through continuous experimentation
8. In collaboration with business leaders understand and clearly communicate business needs, technology capabilities, viewer expectations and competitive activities to all the US networks’ units
* 10+ years managing direct to consumer digital products that created positive business results (experience with paid digital media and entertainment products preferred)
* 5+ years of managing a high performing team; ability to attract, retain and develop top talent
* Track record of leadership through influence and collaboration in a highly matrixed organization to gain buy-in from stakeholders across all levels of an organization
* Communication and interpersonal skills that enable highly productive interactions with business, creative and technical teams
* Hands-on approach, with a strong influencing ability, a proven driver and change agent in an organization
* Proven track record understanding how users think and behave
* Experience translating product and technical advantages into marketing differentiators, vice versa
* Proficiency in supporting decisions using data analytics
* Experience working with Apple, Google, Amazon, Roku and other device manufacturers preferred
* Working knowledge of relevant application and platform technologies delivered via Agile with Devops processes
* Entrepreneurial skills with demonstrated successes in transformational or high-growth organizations
* Ability to be effective despite ambiguity and competing objectives, in a fast-paced environment
* Bachelors degree required (MBA desirable but not essential)
* Must have the legal right to work in the US