***If you accept a position with Discovery Education you will be an at- will employee under Discovery Education and eligible for Discovery Education benefits and compensation plans. This role is not a Discovery, Inc. position.***
Discovery is the number-one nonfiction media company, with a reach that encompasses television as well as digital media, retail products and online educational services. Our goal of helping people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity depends on maintaining a creative and entrepreneurial environment where individual expression, achievement and recognition go hand-inhand with our business objectives and performance.
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement. Discovery Education's services are available not only in half of all U.S. schools, but in half of all English primary schools, numerous institutes of higher learning, and in 50 countries around the world.
The Regional Marketing Team develops and executes a variety of strategic localized marketing activities for Discovery Education’s K-12 Educational Partnerships (sales) Team to drive revenue, customer retention, and growth for the division.
The Regional Marketing Manager (RMM) is responsible for helping to drive the attainment of revenue through the development and implementation of integrated regional marketing plans in direct alignment with assigned Regional Educational Partnerships Teams in California and Texas.
The RMM will coordinate, develop, and execute strategic regional marketing, communications, merchandising, and event initiatives in order to drive maximum demand for and increase penetration of Discovery Education’s suite of K-12 products, services and solutions. The RMM will continually reinforce the value that Discovery Education (DE) delivers to partner school districts and create experiences that demonstrate DE’s thought-leadership within the regional territory. Based on regional strategies, the RMM will work to strengthen district relationships to embed DE further into their organization. The RMM will build an annual regional marketing plan that ensures all its initiatives are objectives-driven and metrics/results-oriented, maximizing our ROI.
1. Develop Annual Regional Marketing Plan, working with Regional VPs and Directors in California and Texas, to identify the priority districts and regional objectives required to achieve in the territory to meet revenue and market penetration goals.
2. Develop and lead field strategies to achieve these objectives, including an integrated mix of marketing outreach (digital, social), local events, state conferences, promotions, merchandising, thought-leadership experiences, communications and public relations.
3. Identify success factors for each plan to measure against and learn from on a quarterly basis, sharing with Regional VPs/Directors and team.
4. Execute flawless high yield events that tie back to DE products/services/solutions and leverage the Discovery “magic” (including brand, functional experts and talent) to create break-through and memorable events.
5. Deepen and strengthen school district relationships by creating communication plans and calendars related to DE regional initiatives.
6. Act as a conduit for DE/DCI Corporate tentpole events and strategic initiatives and create tools to maximize local exposure.
7. Develop localized marketing communications, merchandising materials, and public relations opportunities that highlight partner success.
8. Create and develop sales enablement resources to support the needs of the field sales team, such as customized collateral, pitch materials, outreach templates and more.
9. Work with Regional Marketing Director and Regional Marketing Team to identify and implement “best of” scalable marketing activities, process improvements, and more efficient ways to work.
10. Manage regional budget to allocated activities, ensuring maximum return on investment and focusing on those activities that are directly building the business.
* Minimum 5+ years’ experience and demonstrated success working in marketing consumer products (education marketing or affiliate/trade marketing preferred).
* Experience working in a sales environment and demonstrated deep understanding of marketing’s role in supporting a sales team and building partner relationships.
* Ability to build relationships with senior school district administrators and internal teams.
* Marketers with an emphasis on event planning, logistics and communication.
* Marketers focused on partner relationship-building tactics.
* Customer-centric, comfortable with dealing with customers at a high level.
* Track record of handling multiple projects simultaneously while paying strong attention to detail.
* Strongly prefer experience with educational technology marketing in a company with known brand.
* The position requires a high degree of flexibility and the ability to react quickly to changing needs in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, high-volume and dynamic environment.
* Successful candidate will be a self-starter with strong initiative and problem-solving skills and an understanding of marketing’s role in driving sales.
* Ability to identify a need, bring solutions to the table, and lead solution to fruition.
* Must be a team player.
* Must be proactive with a willingness to share new ideas, offer suggestions and execute to results.
* High energy and enthusiastic leadership skills are a must.
* Experience managing a marketing budget.
* Experience negotiating vendor/partner/marketing agreements.
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
* Expert knowledge of all MS Office professional productivity applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.).
* Expertise in Mac based creative applications a plus (Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, InDesign).
* Experience with Sales Force a plus.
* Candidate must be willing to travel (~30-40%) with an understanding that there are seasonal variations and ever-changing needs of the field sales team.
* Must have the legal right to work in the US
Los Angeles, LA, California, CA
Los Angeles, LA, California, CA