We are a small, but mighty team, working at the cross roads of technology and entertainment to bring content from iconic television brands to our audiences over the Internet in the most entertaining ways we can imagine and build. As television changes, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people’s curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
Discovery Digital Media is looking for a Senior Client Engineer to build ReactJS applications with best-of-breed UX across Web, Xbox and future platforms.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help solve complex but interesting scalability, performance and availability problems for products consumed by millions of users each day! You will have the opportunity to work with a suite of great technologies and in a highly collaborative environment where the engineers get together on a quarterly basis in NY to problem solve major business challenges.
1. Write clean, concise, readable code that follows common design patterns and principles.
2. Complete work with a conscientious attitude and good follow-through.
3. Collaborate with coworkers from design, engineering, product, project, QA and content teams.
4. Translate functional requirements into solutions that work well with current architecture.
5. Preform peer code reviews.
6. Own feature specific development verticals - e.g. UI components, basic micro-services.
7. Utilize multi-tasking and context shifting skills.
8. Identify inefficiencies and make recommendations.
9. Stay informed with changes in technology.
10. Produce comprehensive, usable software documentation.
* BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
* 4+ years of professional experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services.
* Ability to provide code samples either privately or through a Github repo.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Must have legal right to work in the United States.
Experience with any of the following would be considered a plus…
* ReactJS or ReactNative application development
* HTML5 Video, ExoPlayer, Brightcove or other video players
* Client-side or Server-side ad stitching technology
* Ad Tech (VPAID, VAST) or Freewheel integration
* Connected device development like Roku, Xbox, FireTV or Smart TVs