Discovery Communications satisfies curiosity and engages superfans with a portfolio of premium nonfiction, sports and kids programming brands, reaching 3 billion cumulative viewers across pay-TV and free-to-air platforms in more than 220 countries and territories around the world.
With a seat at the table for key business units, the Corporate Communications team oversees Discovery’s corporate messaging, communication strategy and execution; internal communications; corporate relations and executive communications, social media and events and brand activations. The team supports all the Office of the CEO, Ad Sales, Consumer Products, Discovery Digital Media, Domestic Distribution, Finance/Investor Relations, Human Resources, Global Technology & Operations, Business Development, Legal and more.
Discovery Communications is looking for an experienced Corporate Relations Manager to join the New York City-based team. This position primarily supports the offices of the CEO and other senior executives in managing special projects, speaking engagements and client/partner experiences and developing and strengthening corporate client relationships.
1. Corporate Relations special project management for CEO and other C-Suite executives (speaking engagements, awards and benefits, conferences, meetings, client dinners, talent appearances)
2. Corporate Relations executive event & meetings management support (Board of Director Retreats, Senior Executive Offsites)
3. Manage corporate sponsorships on behalf of Discovery Communications & CEO, liaising with various organizations on fundraising support, event logistics of galas/fundraisers, attendee management and special Discovery enhancements
4. Manage awards and benefits on behalf of Discovery Communications & CEO
5. Manage logistics for Sr. Executives VIP speaking events/conferences
6. Support Executive Meetings and Retreats Logistics
7. Research and monitor new venues/hotel openings in key Discovery office locations and priority event destinations
8. Provide onsite and offsite conference/event support
9. Manage Corporate Relations budget: Deliver events/projects on time and within budget, negotiating fees where appropriate and tracking costs from start to finish
10. Manage Meetings & Events purchasing card and reconciliation
11. Corporate Relations: Help to communicate and maintain brand messaging through events that reflect the company’s ethos and strategy
12. Perform ad-hoc responsibilities and participate on special projects as required/needed
* Bachelor’s degree required
* 5-7+ years of project management experience preferred
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
* Excellent communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills are essential for this highly collaborative position.
* Familiarity working with senior company leaders
* Ability to exercise strong business judgment, including budget management
* Ability to effectively work on multiple projects at one time and proven ability to work under tight deadlines
* Must have attention to detail, organizational skills, and proven ability to juggle multiple priorities
* Ability to work collaboratively and in a positive manner with colleagues across business units
* Strong computer skills, including proficiency in database applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook) are needed
* Must have the legal right to work in the US