Digital Ventures is a new start up business within the Discovery organization. We are looking for an experienced Project Manager who has ideally worked in the digital media space and has experience in launching multi-platform international products. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, has proven track record of working with digital product development and technology team, designers, and content teams in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, global matrix environment. The Project Manager must have previous experience of working within an Agile SCRUM software development methodology.
This position is responsible for managing the day to day product cycle for Discovery Kids launch. You will partner with internal and external third-party teams to determine the specific business need(s) and timelines. You will communicate, articulate and manage the deliverables of the DKids product including: the objective(s), expectations, process and presentation/end-product deliverables to the appropriate internal partners and key stakeholders to ensure best-in-class development & execution for the product.
Manage each step of the project work flow, from kick off to approval to delivery and implementation, by ensuring business needs, financial and audience growth targets are met. Create and execute project work plans and revise as needed to meet changing needs and requirements. Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and key stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
1. Collaborate closely with business leaders and third-party vendors to identify & align on project needs
2. Prioritize features based on business objectives, resources & deliverables
3. Manage timelines and milestones
4. Communicate clearly and in an effective manner with internal partners
5. Partner with key account stakeholders and establish working relationships
6. Feature definition and development of key product materials
7. Capture and document key user stories
8. Owner of roadmap and sprint plan
9. Management of any customer testing programs
10. Oversee launch plans to deliver to app submission
11. Deadline driven, meticulously organized
12. Strong attention to detail and focus
13. Able to handle multiple projects with ease and tact
14. Able to work in fast-paced environment, anticipating needs & changing dynamics, and managing accordingly
15. Sets and continually manages project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
16. Responsible for ensuring the respective partners know and understand the project vision, manage expectations
17. Solution-oriented; when necessary, escalates issues in a timely fashion
18. Builds, develops, and nurtures relationships with key stakeholders vital to the success of the project
19. Responsible for upholding standards and best practices methods
20. Manages vendors / vendor resources to meet agreed upon deliverables.
* 5+ years project management experience in kids, digital media and entertainment
* Proficient in Excel, Keynote & PowerPoint, preferred project management tools.
* Experience working with and supporting cross-functional teams
* Experience working with remote teams
* Experience managing 3rd party vendors
* Must have the legal right to work in the US
* Bachelors or equivalent work experience.
Los Angeles, LA, California, CA