Discovery is the number-one nonfiction media company, with a reach that encompasses television as well as digital media, retail products and online educational services. Our goal of helping people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity depends on maintaining a creative and entrepreneurial environment where individual expression, achievement and recognition go hand-in-hand with our business objectives and performance.
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement. Discovery Education's services are available not only in half of all U.S. schools, but in half of all primary schools in England, numerous institutes of higher learning, and in 50 countries around the world.
Discovery Education builds strategic partnerships with school districts to transform teaching and learning through the implementation of engaging standards-based K-12 digital curriculum, delivery of intensive professional development, and engagement within the global community. The Professional Development team plays a critical role in achieving our goals of providing the best customer experience in education and demonstrating the educational impact needed to retain and grow our district partnerships.
The Manager for Professional Development Systems & Data Analysis is responsible for managing and analyzing all aspects of the PD business systems in collaboration with the PD Team as well as all the customer and PD Independent Contractor feedback.
The core business systems are Salesforce, SAP, Skedulo, Tableau, and Blue Sky as well as additional systems that may provide potential for streamlined, efficient, and quality data and reporting features. The role requires oversight, monitoring, usage, and analysis of the data from these systems as well as coordination with IT, networking, and business systems colleagues across the Division to ensure timely and effective use of the systems and corresponding data.
The PD Systems & Data Analysis role collaborates across the PD Team and Partner Success Teams to ensure all team members have and are using the data, dashboards, and understand the core metrics and KPIs associated with each role to drive success across the business.
This role is also a liaison between the Professional Development, Information Technology, and Business System Teams and is a key player in developing robust tools and reports, which will be utilized to continuously monitor and analyze PD delivery and account data to advise and support effective business decisions.
Monitor and Use Business Systems
1. Monitor all PD business systems including Salesforce, SAP, Skedulo, Tableau, and Blue Sky as well as additional systems that may provide efficiencies and quality data to drive the growth of the PD business and secure renewals
2. Ensure each PD Team member is using the correct KPIs and data reports on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis to monitor all aspects of the PD business
3. Provide each team member ongoing support for the use of data dashboards to analyze business trends and continually seek opportunities for improved services to our external and internal customers
4. Prepare reports to address key business questions and provide regular reports to merchandise the progress of the PD business to internal stakeholders
Monitor Customer and PD Independent Contractor (PDIC) Feedback
5. Monitor, organize, analyze, and report upon customer and PDIC survey feedback
6. Use these reports to make recommendations to the PD Team about opportunities for increased efficiencies, improved customer experiences, quality internal and external communications, and flawless PD deliveries and renewals
7. Lead initiative to develop PD surveys more aligned to PD courses
8. Monitor teacher growth and development across PD deliveries through the PD feedback data to identify signals indicating customers are ready for deeper integration, more embedded use of Discovery’s digital services, and show signs of readiness for Techbook usage
9. Create polished and on-brand reports for customers and internal stakeholders to examine the ROI on the PD business, provide recommendations for next steps and solutions based on the data reports
10. Work collaboratively across the Division to develop reports and reporting systems that can ensure customers and internal stakeholders have a timely stream of data to grow the business, plant seeds for the use of Techbook, and develop customer loyalty to secure renewals
11. Consult on key data processes and workflows to ensure effective and flawless implementation of professional development
12. Collaborate with IT team to help develop tools that promote efficiency and accuracy
13. Generate reports and manage the data in Salesforce to support implementation and partnership conversations
14. Analyze delivery metrics to forecast trends in professional development delivery to support operational and financial decisions
Operations, Efficiency, and Scalability
15. Work with the PD team to improve the operational elements of the Professional Development delivery, including systems, tools, communication and management reporting.
16. Work across the business to maximize the use and usability of Salesforce as a CRM
17. Serve as the key point of contact for the PD team on all Discovery business system reviews, builds, and developments
18. Provide innovative ideas and solutions to the PD team to continually answer the question what can we do better
19. Coordinate with other colleagues across the Division who are in systems and data analysis roles to ensure synchronicity and connectedness of data analysis
20. Manage and provide oversight for regular strategic data reviews, including KPIs, surveys, usage, and other business metrics
21. Adhere to all budget and financial policies
22. Responsible for knowing all functional and educational aspects of all DE products and services
23. Be proficient at navigating the DE website pre-and post login
24. Understand the structure and content for all PD programs and services
General Skills & Requirements
25. Ability to establish strong relationships with internal and external partners
26. Strong problem-solving skills and a demonstrated ability to work across functions to
27. manage complex, diverse projects
28. Attention to detail with strong organizational and project management skills and the ability to complete projects with little or no direction
29. Superior communication skills and able to communicate across all levels of an organization both written and orally
30. High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office systems, especially Excel, and data dashboard management
31. Experience with Salesforce and other common business systems
32. Must be proactive and excel in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
33. Establish strong relationships will all DE internal stakeholders
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Business Systems, IT, Computer Science or similar required
• 6-8 years of database, systems, account management, or operations experience
• Experience in business systems and data analysis across multiple metrics
• Working knowledge of education technology including digital media and emerging web technologies and their application in the educational environment
• Experience with team development, systems thinking, and the importance of efficient operations and a data focus
• Impeccable interpersonal, presentation, organizational and verbal/written communication skills
• Attention to detail and the ability to manage a diverse workload
• Ability to work as a team and in a fast-paced environment
• Candidate must be willing to travel approximately 10-20% of the time
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States