The Media Strategy & Analytics team acts as an internal media agency that handles the strategy, buying, execution, and reporting of all paid & owned media vehicles.
This role is a critical position within the Media Strategy and Analytics (MSA) department, specifically within The Media Lab pod. As media consumption changes, so do the platforms where consumers watch content. This role will focus on the paid media strategy of Discovery’s digital platforms – particularly OTT platforms.
The Media Manager, in partnership with the Media Director will:
1. Oversee the development, execution, and analysis of paid user acquisition and remarketing campaigns across mobile, desktop, and connected TV devices
2. Identify and test new customer acquisition opportunities to improve performance and reduce cost with a drive to efficient rapid growth in new customer acquisition
3. Work closely with internal and external teams to build LTV models and campaign reports to track spending, performance, and ROI
4. Partner with the rest of the media team to articulate OTT strategies to ensure cohesive multi-platform media plans - including TV promos (owned & paid), paid digital, and social
5. Report and present strategic insights that can be leveraged across the team such as best performing messaging and audiences
6. Responsible for staying up-to-date on emerging trends and technologies – particularly across paid search, social, display.
* 3+ years of experience in relevant field (digital media buying, acquisition marketing, mobile marketing, lifecycle marketing, direct response)
* Prior media agency experience
* Experience with Direct Response paid campaigns is strongly preferred with experience with in attribution and conversion tracking
* Solid foundational understanding of media concepts, terminology, and buying models
* Understanding of paid digital streaming ecosystem is a plus
* Experience working with mobile marketing attribution partners (such as Kochava), digital reporting tools (DoubleClick Campaign Manager, Google Analytics)
* Experience with paid display, mobile, social, and search buying platforms (demand side platforms, Ad Words, Facebook Power Editor, etc.) is a plus
* Self-starter, highly motivated, positive demeanour, excellent communicator, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
* Reasonable availability to respond to requests and monitor/optimize campaigns outside normal business hours as needed
* Polished profession with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Strong analytics skills are a must
* Proficient in Microsoft Office systems, specifically in Excel
* College degree required
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States