Eurosport is the number one sport destination in Europe, fuelling the passion of fans and connecting them with the greatest sports events in the world. As the new Home of the Olympic Games in Europe, Eurosport will deliver the ultimate Games experience to more people, on more screens, than ever before - bringing fans closer to their local heroes through year-long storytelling.
Firmly established as the Home of Cycling, Grand Slam Tennis and Winter Sport, Eurosport channels - Eurosport 1, Eurosport 2 and Eurosport news - reach 231 million cumulative subscribers across 95 countries in Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East.
Eurosport.com is Europe’s No 1 online sports news website with up to 60 million users per month.
Eurosport Player, the all-access on demand digital pass, is available anytime and on any device in 52 countries. Eurosport Events specializes in the management and promotion of international sporting events.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and ambitious person to join Eurosport, the Home of the Olympics in Europe, as Communications and Team Assistant at its Head Office in Paris, France. With Eurosport – part of Discovery Communications - broadcasting an Olympic Games in Europe for the first time in February next year, the successful candidate will be a member of the communications team that works in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and will gain experience of working in the media and sport industry.
The role will be within the team managing consumer and corporate communications assisting with promoting Eurosport’s content, products and services – driving more people to sign up and tune-in. The department plays a vital role delivering central communications campaigns, as well as providing essential support to local teams in more than 50 markets.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Maintain communications team media lists
- Assist with press release writing
- On-going media monitoring, ensuring the team is up to date with key breaking news of relevance to Discovery/Eurosport
- Transcription of recorded interviews with key executives / sports personalities
- Participate in idea generation for communications campaigns within team planning sessions and wider work
- Support on internal communications activity, working to the Internal Communications Manager
- Team planning and diary management, ensuring the smooth administration of the communications department
- Draft and distribute meeting agendas and minutes
- Invoice processing
- Team meeting organisation, including scheduling and managing team conferences and video conferences
- Travel management and team logistics
- Reporting of communications activities and coverage
The ideal candidate will be required to be hard-working, reliable and a team player. At what is an extremely busy time for the business, an ability to be proactive and collaboratively is desired.
A passion for sport, notably the Olympic Games, and a desire to be part of delivering outstanding campaigns essential. A basic knowledge of the media and communications disciplines and industries is preferred but not essential.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- French is not mandatory but beneficial
- Good interpersonal skills
- Understanding of digital and social media
- Well organised
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- An ability to be proactive
--> Send your resume in the english version.