Discovery Education, Inc. (“Discovery Education”) is a subsidiary of Discovery Communications, LLC (“Discovery Communications”), the #1 non-fiction media company on globe and home to the Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Oprah Winfrey Network and 105 unique television networks worldwide, serving 170 countries and 1.5 billion cumulative subscribers. Discovery Education’s mission is to tap into this foundation of premium programming and multimedia to provide engaging, scientifically proven, and standards-based digital educational resources to schools so they can help elevate educator effectiveness, increase student achievement, and transform teaching & learning.
For over 10 years, Discovery Education’s mission has been to inspire and capture the minds and imaginations of students by tapping into their natural curiosity and desire to learn. In that time, Discovery Education, has partnered with 2,000+ districts of all sizes, 1 million educators and 35 million students helping to improve schools, strengthen instructional culture, and bolster teaching and leadership practices.
The Manager of Educational Partnerships is a dynamic member of the Discovery Education team focused on building strategic partnerships and leading account management efforts in an assigned territory. The Manager of Educational Partnerships is responsible for driving revenue, thought-leadership and strategic partnerships with senior level contacts. The Manager of Educational Partnerships will work with the Vice President, Director and regional colleagues to merchandise success, execute strategic initiatives, and provide best-in-class customer service. Ideal candidate will develop exceptional internal and external relationships to maximize sales opportunities, achieve annual sales targets and ensure profitable growth aligned with business objectives.
1. Achieve assigned personal and regional sales targets
2. Manage incoming leads & strategic outreach to drive partnerships and new business revenue
3. Expand tier 1 strategic relationships in school districts across region
4. Schedule and host partnership meetings to understand district goals and communicate Discovery Education’s capacity to support strategic priorities
5. Deliver high-level presentations to administrators and other key stakeholders
6. Employ a consultative approach to build, maintain & strengthen relationships with key decision makers
7. Demonstrate proactive territory management
8. Negotiate proposals and contracts that ensure profitable growth aligned with business objectives
9. Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, written/verbal communication, organizational, follow-up, consultative and presentation skills
10. Maintain high level of customer service at all times
11. Assist in intern selection & management
12. Support other key projects needed to generate revenue and build senior level relationships
Product / Industry Knowledge
13. Demonstrate exceptional product/solution knowledge
14. Effectively articulate Discovery Education’s strategic vision and capacity to support transformation
15. Maintain thorough understanding of industry trends, current events, emerging technologies, etc.
Internal Collaboration Responsibilities
16. Partner with company personnel (i.e. Vice President, Director, Marketing, Communications, Account Services, Compliance, Legal, Finance, etc.) to develop and execute strategies to ensure attainment of personal and territory goals
Data Analysis Responsibility
17. Collaborate with Partnership Data Specialist to process all contracts and post sales request such as invoices, reimbursements, amendments, etc.
18. Play an integral role in maintaining the accuracy of database and data integrity (SalesLogix, Salesforce, Box, KMS, etc.)
19. Track and communicate individual sales progress on an on-going basis
20. Research and analysis industry/account trends and information
21. Adhere to assigned regional budget by managing travel and event expenses to demonstrate high-level fiscal responsibility
22. Travel up to 60% required
23.Partnership and sales contact will be made by telephone, Webinar and/or in person
* Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of skills, training and experience
* Approximately 3-5 years sales and/or account management experience with a proven track record of territory management, consultative sales and exceptional client relations
* Attention to detail essential
* Proven track record of effective strategic thinking and ability to prioritize/communicate diverse workload
* Proactively seek direction/guidance from management when expectations need clarification
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office, In-Design and other related products/systems
* Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrate a consultative “problem solving oriented” approach
* Ability to work independently as well as with team members
* Strong sense of personal initiative & urgency to accomplish tasks
* Expertise in industry trends and research
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States