As Discovery Communications’ portfolio continues to grow – around the world and across platforms – the Global Technology & Operations team is building media technology and IT systems that meet the world class standard for which Discovery is known. GT&O builds, implements and maintains the business systems and technology that are critical for delivering Discovery’s products, while articulating the long-term technology strategy that will enable Discovery’s growing pay-TV, digital terrestrial, free-to-air and online services to reach more audiences on more platforms.
From Amsterdam to Singapore and from satellite and broadcast operations to SAP, we are driving Discovery forward on the leading edge of technology.
The Global Data Analytics team enables Discovery Communications to turn data into action. Using big data platforms, data warehousing and business intelligence technology, audience data, advanced analytics, data science, visualization, and self-service analytics, this team supports company efforts to increase revenue, drive ratings, and enhance consumer engagement.
The Data Visualization Analyst is responsible supporting self-service analytics and data visualization solutions across the global enterprise. This position will partner with business end-users as well as colleagues in the Global Data Analytics team to develop and implement collaborative solutions to data and analytics problems.
1. Design effective data visualizations to support business decision making and problem solving
2. Facilitate discussions with data users to surface and prioritize issues, requirements, and solutions
3. Promote enterprise rollout of self-service data visualization solutions
4. Prepare training materials for users of self-service data visualization and analytics tools
* Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Analytics, Information Systems, or a related discipline; or an equivalent combination of demonstrated skills and experience
* 1-3 years professional experience
* Experienced with data visualization and analytics
* Intermediate to Advanced user of Tableau and/or Microsoft Power BI
* Familiar with relational database technology and data preparation/ETL
* Beginner to Intermediate SQL skills