Sr. Manager - Collaboration Systems is responsible for setting product roadmaps and strategies (obtaining executive feedback and buy-in on vetted and prioritized projects) for Discovery’s Collaboration Systems (e.g. Office365, ServiceNow, Box, etc.). The position will manage a team of Analysts, and oversee full life cycle activities (e.g. project evaluation, assessment, solution design, implementation, rollout and support), ensuring projects progress on time and budget, and enhancements and defects are appropriately assigned and resolved.
The Sr. Manager ensures Analysts follow departmental processes and standards appropriately, and may also facilitate requirement collections, user and partner demonstrations and training, and outreach and communications efforts. The Sr. Manager shall consistently demonstrate strong strategic, analytical, written and verbal communication skills, and the strongest collaboration skills to work effectively with stakeholders and GT&O partners (from junior to executive levels) across the product set.
The Sr. Manager will partner with Sr. Director on building and maintaining analytics dashboards to track project successes, product KPIs, usage and adoption metrics, and to help evaluate potential project retirements and replacements.
1. Oversee the evaluation, vetting and prioritization of projects related to Collaboration Systems.
2. Strategize, develop and gain feedback and buy-in on prioritized product roadmaps (including rollout dependencies and timelines) with GT&O partners, business stakeholders and executives.
3. Partner with Sr. Director in creation and interpretation of business product performance analytics and dashboards to drive ongoing portfolio management, strategy and performance.
4. Research competitive toolsets in the marketplace to identify potential opportunities for functional improvements, replacements, or even renegotiations of existing collaboration products.
5. Consistently demonstrate effective management of analyst resources to ensure timely and effective execution of assigned efforts (e.g. requirements gathering and writing, project planning and coordination, user testing, release planning), writing functional specs for production fixes and enhancements as needed.
6. Support continued development of analysts by providing appropriate best practice guidance, performance feedback and learning opportunities.
7. Work with users to understand issues and opportunities for business improvement leveraging Collaboration System functionality.
8. Oversee end-to-end testing of fixes/enhancements, integration and user-acceptance testing in coordination with different Business POCs.
9. Lead meetings with GT&O and Business stakeholders to discuss and address areas of responsibility for upcoming projects (e.g. user demonstrations, acceptance testing and training).
10. Lead and drive GT&O resources and partners (e.g., managers, designers, developers, operations, QA/testing team, help desk, vendors, etc.) toward effective project completion and success.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, MIS or Business major preferred.
* Technical experience with Microsoft and ServiceNow products.
* Consistently demonstrated success at communicating product strategies, roadmaps, issues and successes with executive stakeholders, user communities, and GT&O partners on product KPIs, project plans and prioritizations.
* Minimum of 10 years of IT work experience.
* Minimum of 5 years of direct people management experience.
* Solid knowledge of SDLC/structured full life cycle development projects, and agile software development methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban).
* Must possess excellent communication skills and effectively interpret needs and requirements on technical level as well as the business process level.
* Experience with KPI reporting and data visualizations (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, PivotCharts).
* Demonstrated success in developing analyst resources, defining and rolling out business analysis and product marketing best practices across the team and partner resources.
* Ability to adhere to multiple schedules and project timelines, identify and mitigate project risks, and offer solution options to drive toward successful project completion.
* Ability to converse, plan, and negotiate with third-party vendors.
* Ability and enthusiasm to learn new concepts/techniques and apply those in day to day activities and/or projects.
* Ability to design solutions that incorporate best business practices with user’s requirements.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Desired but not critical:
* Communications and product marketing experience a plus.
* Experience with troubleshooting issues with executives is a plus.
* Media & Entertainment Industry experience a plus.