Discovery Education (www.discoveryeducation.com) is the leading provider of online video to schools, serving approximately half of schools in the United States. Discovery Education is a division of Discovery Communications (www.discovery.com).
The Technical Support Specialist II will provide Level II customer and internal technical support for Discovery Education’s online school products and will manage Single Sign On integrations from planning to implementation and post-launch maintenance.
This role is not desktop support, but rather a customer-facing role requiring troubleshooting of content delivery issues, network configuration, and website errors, as well as leading technical consultative conversations with customers regarding technical configurations (via phone, email, and chat/social media).
Provide Tier II Technical Support for Discovery Education Online Products
1. Troubleshoot and solve product, hardware, and network issues impacting product performance and customer satisfaction
2. Manage customer communications and expectations, ensuring customer satisfaction during periods when their service is impaired
3. Perform root-cause analysis on common issues, document relevant details, and to internal Product & Engineering teams
4. Manage progress and priority for issues escalated to Product & Engineering teams and provide internal stakeholders with regular, detailed issue status
5. Review new features and provide feedback to Product & Engineering teams, particularly for Back to School releases
6. Document and communicate resolutions to customers and internal stakeholders
7. Document cross-platform troubleshooting and resolution path for common issues to enable training of the Tier 1 and Partner Success teams
8. Provide ongoing guidance and support to ensure technical competence across the Tier 1 and Partner Success teams
9. Monitor team queue for inbound issues, assign as needed
9.10. Other duties as assigned, in support of Discovery Education initiatives
Facilitate Technical Integrations (Single Sign On and onboarding) for External Customers
1. Conduct technical consultation calls with customers to help them understand technical requirements
2. Plan and coordinate steps to implement integrations
3. Document and convey status of on-going implementations to all relevant stakeholders
4. Complete required steps to launch and track integrations
5. Perform ongoing collaborative SSO-related maintenance
6. Recommend process and technology enhancements to management
* Bachelor’s degree in a technical field required (e.g. Information Technology, Computer Science, Systems Engineering or other STEM required).
* 0-5 years troubleshooting and technical support experience
* Superior analytical and customer service skills, and the ability to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical parties (written and verbal) within all levels of an organization
* Strong technical troubleshooting skills for web services, software, hardware, and related network elements
* Must have high-level understanding server applications and networks including firewalls and proxy servers, and database platforms: Windows Server, FTP, WAN/LAN.
* Familiarity with SQL preferred
* Familiarity with Single Sign On technologies (LDAP, SAML, LTI, OAuth)
* Strong PC and Mac skills, with a high level of proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel
* Detail-oriented, extremely well organized, and able to complete projects (e.g. known issue documentation) with little or no direction
* Ability to manage multiple projects and activities, and prioritize workload. Must be proactive and excel in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with excellent problem-solving skills
* Must have the legal right to work in the US