Discovery Interns are explorers; they dive headfirst into the world in front of them. They aren’t afraid to be uncomfortable and boldly embrace any obstacle or challenge as an opportunity to excel. They walk confidently into the uncharted territory and make the most of their experiences. They ask the questions that go beyond the surface.
Seek adventure, find your passion, forge your path with an internship at Discovery.
Through Discovery’s Internship Program, you’ll have the unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the entertainment and media industry and learn from the leader in global entertainment.
Here’s what we offer:
• Opportunity to explore and get your hands dirty with challenging work and projects
• Mentorship from Discovery’s best and brightest
• Intern Speaker Series featuring top executives and employees across the business
• Networking opportunities with great snacks
• A creative, collaborative and inclusive company culture with office spaces to match
Here’s what you’ll take away:
• Opportunity to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
• The insider scoop on the TV industry and what happens behind the scenes
• Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
• Real life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
What you need to know:
• This spring, our 12 week semester will be held from January 29th-April 20th 2018.
• Our internships are paid opportunities. Credit is not required; however, we will provide documentation if necessary.
• The application deadline is November 17th. After this date, we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position.
• We do not require a cover letter. Please demonstrate your passion for the position through your resume.
Interviewing will take place from October through December. A Discovery Intern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
The Research and Programming team at Discovery sits at the intersection of new ideas, and what ultimately makes it to air. We work together to investigate new programs, compare them to others, and ultimately make strategic decisions about what content is best for Discovery.
As a TV Research Intern your adventure could lead you to work on projects and tasks such as:
• Primary and secondary research projects to help better understand our viewers and their behavior
• Exposure to, ratings reports/tools such as Nielsen, syndicated databases, as well as survey design and analysis
• Take part in focus group studies, as well as large online surveys
• Partner closely with production, development, marketing and sales
* Must be currently enrolled as a full time student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an internship)
* Must be a Junior, Senior, or Graduate student
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
If you do not meet the requirements stated above, please do not submit your resume.
Thanks for your interest in Discovery’s Internship program! We look forward to reviewing your submission.