The Digital Ad Operations Manager role at Discovery Communications is a great opportunity to be part of an innovative team responsible for supporting technical ad integration in a fast moving environment. Our content offerings include the flagship networks of Discovery Channel, TLC, and Animal Planet, as well as many other premium cable television and digital pure play properties across multiple distribution platforms (web/mobile/apps/OTT).
The energetic pace of our industry offers many exciting opportunities for growth and development. This position will lead the digital ad operations tech team and is responsible for managing the processes surrounding QA on new product launches and richer media creative assets to ensure the best possible user experience for our consumers while satisfying the goals of our advertising clients.
1. QA ad functionality for Discovery Networks websites, apps, and other content distribution platforms.
2. Train and supervise digital ad operations tech team.
3. Develop QA task check lists for technical projects in Microsoft Planner. Allocate project tasks to team and oversee team workflow.
4. Lead ad testing for site redesigns, migrations, and new product launches on desktop and mobile platforms. Log and track Jira tickets identifying bugs/issues and work with the development/engineering teams towards resolutions.
5. Effectively communicate project updates/issues with Ad Ops management and internal stakeholders.
6. Provide technical support to the Ad Ops account maintenance team to resolve creative and/or tracking issues.
7. Manage and conduct vendor certification process. Test rich media 3rd party tags to verify functionality and compliance with specifications. Assess targeting and technical integration needs prior to flight.
8. Write and maintain technical documentation and reference materials regarding Ad Ops processes.
9. Stay up-to-date on the latest digital ad technologies.
10. Follow and uphold advertising operations processes and conventions.
* Bachelor's degree
* Minimum 3-5 years experience in digital ad operations
* Deep understanding of web architecture and digital advertising processes
* Expertise working with the leading digital ad servers (Freewheel a plus)
* Knowledge of digital media ad technologies (HTML5, JS, 3rd party ad tags, etc.)
* Experience using debugging tools such as Charles
* Excellent attention to detail
* Strong quantitative analysis and creative problem solving skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Able to multitask in a deadline driven environment
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States