As an integral member of the senior finance team, the VP, Financial Planning and Analysis (VP FP&A), is a highly visible, multi-tasking manager in charge of key financial performance management processes. These processes encompass budgeting, forecasting, analysis, and management reporting.
1. Drive monthly financial review and analysis, produce management reporting pack including P&L, balance sheet and FCF forecasts and operating metrics and commentary
2. Maintain robust and integrated long term model and associated analytics to support capital structure considerations
3. Prepare and distribute monthly flash report
4. Prepare quarterly fact book to support earnings release and investor relations
5. Contribute to Q & K and other disclosure obligations as required
6. Prepare draft monthly board presentations
7. Draft CFO board letter and financial section of CEO board letter
8. Drive and maintain budgeting, and forecasting, and support strategic planning processes.
9. Lead the continuous improvement of Discovery’s analytical capabilities working closely with global FP&A community
10. Lead the development of Discovery’s analytical tools and data capabilities
11. Manage and develop team
12. Participate in various cross-functional teams as required
13. Ad Hoc reporting and analysis as required
* Minimum ten years of experience in financial management, analysis and reporting, and business planning, with strong accounting and finance skills.
* Previous experience at a corporate level leading Financial Planning and Analysis work required.
* Degree in accounting/finance required; MBA or CPA a plus
* Strong relationship building and conflict resolution skills
* Previous experience leading users with planning and analysis software (Cognos, BPC or equivalent systems).
* Experience with software as a service business model and/or due diligence process a plus
* Adept at financial modeling, using Excel for scenario analysis and strategic plans. Must be able to develop assumptions, and model their implications.
* Strong shareholder value creation mindset with experience and ability to develop and implement financial management tools and processes to help drive value creation.
* High integrity individual with strong organizational, management, training and development experience and strong interpersonal skills.
* Extremely results-oriented, with ability to identify issues and follow through with efficient, effective solutions.
* Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to work independently.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Proven ability to build confidence and trust with internal and external constituencies and provide excellent customer service.
* Proficiency in MS Office applications.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States