For over 30 years Discovery, the world’s #1 pay-TV programmer, has been satisfying curiosity and entertaining viewers with high-quality content through its global brands. We are seeking a Manager Operations, Social & Original Content to review all incoming sales requests and priorities with the goal to identity current matches with our content creation. This role will also be responsible for creating new content initiatives to match request for proposals (RPFs). The ideal candidate should be creative and be able to initiate new ideas. In addition, we’re looking for someone with a high-level of self-sufficiency, strong collaboration & communication skills and able to adapt to changing show styles, schedules and feedback. This role will be responsible for managing content and social across the Discovery portfolio of network brands: Science, Animal Planet, Discovery, TLC, ID, Velocity, AHC, Destination America and Discovery Life.
1. Identify and champion strategic, on brand sales ideas and requests to highlight current matches with our content creation or to initiate new content initiatives to match client RFPs. Be proactive in response to the sales team.
2. Assist in the preparation of sales materials for team.
3. Maintain strong working relationships with internal DCI divisions as well as external groups.
4. Manage the flow of network information, including but not limited to: program schedules and descriptions, marketing campaigns and elements, digital strategies and more to the Ad Sales and Integrated Ad Sales Marketing Teams.
5. Communicate with Social & Original Content teams as it relates to client opportunities, trends in order to help create unique partnership offerings that differentiate the digital portfolio.
6. Manage and oversee project timetables with direct hands-on management of meetings, follow up, lists of assets.
7. This position manages the work and deliverables of other departments and peers while these colleagues do not officially report to the manager.
* 5+ years experience in digital or marketing.
* Bachelor's degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training and hands-on experience.
* Proven project management and strategic marketing skills and the ability to develop and grow positive internal and external relationships.
* Must have concrete examples of marketing plans, show launches, creative campaigns that candidate worked on/contributed to.
* A keen analytic leaning but also possesses a creative flare.
* Ability to multi-task while prioritizing workloads.
* Self-starter but collaborates well in a team environment.
* Attention to detail.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.