For over 30 years Discovery, the world’s #1 pay-TV programmer, has been satisfying curiosity and entertaining viewers with high-quality content through its global brands. We are seeking a Director, Audience Development to direct content creators toward our business goals. This role must be a team leader capable of driving results against clearly defined success metrics with a relentless ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment. The candidate needs to be a digital media pro with proven ability to gain insight from data, create actionable approaches, and cause content to be created that delivers toward specific metrics. This director must derive creative approaches from the insights gained from data. This position will lead and implement a digital media strategy that factors in parallel efforts to engage the audience via social media and other points of distribution in the network. In addition, the ideal candidate needs to be able to think conceptually and strategically, but also be willing to roll up his/her sleeves and execute on a self-starting basis across the Discovery portfolio of network brands: Science, Animal Planet, Discovery, TLC, ID, Velocity, AHC, Destination America and Discovery Life.
1. Ability to look and interpret data in order to communicate to the producers and original content team know what it means creatively
2. Ability to come up with creative solutions after theming up key trends
3. Manage key internal and external partner relationships, coordinating communication across the digital social portfolio
4. Design, develop and implement SEO, SEM and social media optimization models to be used daily across multiple shows
5. Facilitate both tactical and high-level communication with internal partners
6. Provide regular reporting and dashboards based on audience size, engagement metrics and time spent to measure growth and inform ongoing strategy shifts
7. Execute against key performance indicators by constantly adjusting weekly tactics with an eye toward long term goals
* 8 years of experience working at a large media company
* Management experience is a must
* Experienced in leading teams in a fast-moving development environment harnessing the right methodology as needed for team and project success.
* Demonstrated success and proven track record in building out dashboards with a focus on insights from the data at hand
* Must be able to interpret data and know how to interpret results to influence the creative team
* Strong influencing skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment
* Meticulous attention to detail & strong organization skills
* Bachelor's degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training and hands-on experience.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.