This leadership role involves close collaboration with the Digital team, Data Science community, key decision makers within the product offerings, ad sales research teams and maintaining relationships with Global Technology Group’s engineering and data team.
This role ranges from deep science thought leader / mentor, consultative business facilitator, leading discussions, to research experimentalist to technology innovator. The individual must be comfortable partnering with core data infrastructure teams such as big data infrastructure, software, and data warehousing, as well as product and engineering management driving the business.
1. Lead and create a small team of data scientists
2. Applies machine learning techniques to solve complex questions or fuel new business opportunities
3. Delivers breakthrough benefits to Discovery users/customers across small business & consumer products using individual, enriched, and aggregated data
4. Provides leadership in advanced engineering, data science and analytics in the development of current or future products or technologies
5. Provides technical leadership across multiple teams, by understanding a key technology space deeply enough to help guide strategy
6. Provide/inspire data science innovations that fuel the growth of Intuit as a whole
7. Understands and teaches proven methods and hacking skills in working with divergent data types at scale, to explore and extrapolate data-driven insights using advanced, predictive statistical modeling and testing applied to data acquired and cleansed from a range of sources
8. Provides to business stakeholders the entrepreneurial guidance essential for appropriately interpreting and building on findings, and fully exploiting the insights revealed through the research
9. Other duties as assigned
* BS, MS, or PhD in an appropriate technology field (Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Econometrics, Operations Research, etc.)
* 5+ years experience leading data science and/or software engineering teams
* Able to effectively communicate a vision and inspire others to innovate
* Innovative and disruptive technology leader solving long term strategic outcomes
* Expert command of machine learning, statistical modeling, state-of-the-art tools, and engineering best practices
* Experience in leading teams who have expertise in data mining algorithms and statistical modeling techniques such as clustering, classification, regression, decision trees, neural nets, support vector machines, genetic algorithms, anomaly detection, recommender systems, and natural language processing.
* Knowledge and understanding of the media/digital media industry a plus
* Impeccable attention to detail and strong ability to convert complex data into insights and action plans
* Strategic thinker, flexible problem solver, great listener and team orientation
* Must have Legal right to work in the United States