The Strategic Sales Services (S3) Analyst supports Discovery’s Ad Sales function. The entry level position will expose the incumbent to the many aspects of the S3 Team’s functions. It will also act in a support role to the department Vice President in LA for critical business projects. The position will work on a variety of reporting and data governance initiatives, budgeting support, system administration, analytics, and the deal postbuy function.
1. Assist with the master data management function for advertisers, agencies and brands for both the linear and digital business – including standard and parent level creation and maintenance.
2. Maintain department working documents used to document current AE assignments.
3. Responsible for helping with the daily administrative duties associated with the operation of the Account Budgeting System for Discovery’s networks.
4. Help with current processes related to budget allocations for barter agencies and broader agency plans.
5. Assist in putting together AE report cards and other sales performance reporting using both Excel and Tableau.
6. Help prepare and deliver weekly, monthly, annual and ad hoc sales analysis reports which include insightful analysis of activity and results. Identify trends and help monitor the business.
7. Ensure via deal data qc that published results with all work are sound.
8. Develop skills and leverage tools to drive efficiency in reporting.
9. Help with stewardship system administration.
10. Assist the VP with time sensitive processes related to monitoring and reporting on corporate level deal performance, including but not limited to periodicity start date work and pre-actual factor work.
11. Lend support to the team with executing the processes related to the deal postbuy function, including report distribution.
12. When necessary, participate with UAT’s for any future system enhancements for the core Strategic Sales Services systems.
13. Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge and relationship with the Sales staff.
14. Assist with special projects and other duties as required.
* College degree or equivalent experience preferred.
* 1-2 years of professional experience in an analytical role, preferably within the media industry.
* Must possess a key understanding of broad business and financial concepts.
* Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
* Strong communications and influencing skills.
* Ability to apply knowledge creatively.
* Highly organized, with the ability to multi-task and quickly adapt to changing priorities with a sense of urgency when needed.
* Must be detail-oriented.
* Expert level use of Excel, and high level of proficiency with a data warehouse tool, preferably MicroStrategy.
* Working knowledge of Tableau.
* Must have the legal right to work in the US