Conceive, write and produce high profile television campaigns and creative for Discovery Channel Marketing. TV creative include series and specials launch spots and weekly topical spots
1. Conceive, write, and produce on-air & off-air marketing for Discovery Channel
2. Proven expertise across a breadth of media including T.V., interstitial network branding, radio, print, and digital.
3. Evaluate scripts, edits design boards and provide constructive feedback to internal/external production partners
4. Conceive, write and produce supportive creative material for all DCL internal units.
5. Maintain discovery values and Discovery brand attributes in all materials.
6. Drive the creative process with external and internal partners.
7. Collaborate with programming, production, and scheduling departments.
8. Maintain strong control over budgets and strategy on every project.
9. Exhibit out-of-the-box thinking and breakthrough creativity.
* 5 to 7 years television promotion, advertising creative, or other related experience.
* Excellent writing skills.
* Live-action production experience and working/directing talent is essential.
* Experience overseeing editors in edit sessions at production facility is a must
* Strong editorial and good graphic design sense is a must
* Familiarity with Avid/Final Cut editing and basic After Effects and Photoshop a plus.
* Must be able to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines.
* Must be able to work well in a team and maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners
* Full grasp of industry practices a must.
* Windows 2000, Word, Excel Lotus Notes and Outlook experience is highly desirable.
* Proven track record of producing buzz-worthy/ratings driving creative
* Must be well organized, capable of handling several projects simultaneously, have the ability to work independently and possess excellent intrapersonal skills.
* Must have the legal right to work in the US