Discovery is the number-one nonfiction media company, with a reach that encompasses television as well as digital media, retail products and online educational services. Our goal of helping people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity depends on maintaining a creative and entrepreneurial environment where individual expression, achievement and recognition go hand-in-hand with our business objectives and performance.
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement. Discovery Education's services are available not only in half of all U.S. schools, but in half of all English primary schools, numerous institutes of higher learning, and in 50 countries around the world.
Discovery Education builds strategic partnerships with school districts to transform teaching and learning through the implementation of engaging standards-based K-12 digital curriculum, delivery of intensive professional development, and engagement within the global community. The Customer Experience team plays a critical role in achieving our goals of providing the best customer experience in education and demonstrating the educational impact needed to retain and grow our district partnerships.
The Senior Manager, Customer Experience Marketing is responsible for the development and execution of a post-sale marketing strategy driven by retention, loyalty and renewal revenue goals. The Senior Manager will manage strategic marketing, targeted communications and merchandising initiatives across all partner districts in order to:
• stimulate deep and meaningful usage of Discovery Education services,
• build wider awareness for our Customer Success services,
• grow Community participation in programs and initiatives,
• increase the uptake of Professional Development, and
• drive toward renewal revenue goals.
The Senior Manager will quantify the impact of the marketing activities in achievement of these goals.
The Senior Manager represents the voice of the customer and looks holistically across Discovery Education’s touchpoints to continuously improve customer experience, satisfaction and brand loyalty.
Customer Experience Marketing Strategy
1. Assist the Director, Customer Experience Marketing to:
a. execute on marketing plans to manage customer lifecycle, from onboarding to usage stimulation, to retention and expansion of services.
b. create a data-driven environment to analyze and monitor utilization and to develop intervention and optimization strategies based on customer usage and health.
2. Manage Marketing Co-ordinator, Customer Experience to execute on Marekting Campaigns and activity
Product and Service Marketing Management
3. Create and adapt marketing materials as needed to support Customer Experience national, regional and specific use cases for Community, Professional Development and Implementation teams
4. Manage the content for the Community and Professional Development websites
5. Act as brand ambassador for marketing support materials created and used with the Customer Experience team
6. Create marketing templates and self-serve toolkits for high-use materials for internal teams
7. Support Marketing Director in creating “self-service” onboarding tools for partner districts and educators
Usage Stimulation and Customer Communication Strategies
8. Work with Marketing Director to develop, plan and execute multi-channel usage stimulation campaigns to embed Discovery Education services, for customers of all sizes and for all products
9. Develop and execute a relationship-building customer communication strategy based on user profiles and data
10. Create marketing toolkits that aide key district stakeholders in taking them through their Discovery Education journey
Systems, Data and Process Management
11. Act as the Salesforce superuser for the Customer Experience team and act as a “guardian” for marketing related customer data
12. Use Google Analytics and other best practice tools to analyze usage and provide recommendations for usage stimulation campaigns, product development and UX
13. Create and Maintain dashboards that visualize and effectively communicate related KPIs across the enterprise
14. Work across the division to ensure customer touchpoints and communications are targeted, timely and relevant in order to avoid email exhaustion
15. Execute campaigns through Salesforce; track, report, and share results; test, learn, and apply insight to optimize usage stimulation metrics
16. Work with Marketing Director to implement marketing automation tools to drive large scale onboarding, engagement campaigns and personalized customer journeys
National and Regional Post-Sale Events
17. Manage Specialist, Customer Experience Events to execute on contracted partner events for Implementation and Professional Development programs, providing support when needed
18. Provide support as needed for national events such as Virtual Field Trips or CEP/Network driven events
19. Work with Customer Experience teams to identify opportunities for merchandising the Discovery Education story in local markets. Develop localized marketing communications, merchandising materials and public relations opportunities that highlight partner success/benchmarking metrics
* Minimum 6-8 years experience working in marketing consumer products (education marketing or affiliate/trade marketing preferred) in sales driven environment
* Experience with CRMs and data analytics tools
* Track record of handling multiple projects simultaneously while paying strong attention to detail
* The position requires a high degree of flexibility and the ability to react quickly to changing needs in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, dynamic environment
* Successful candidate will be a self-starter with strong initiative and problem solving skills and an understanding of marketing’s role in driving sales
* High energy and enthusiastic leadership skills are a must
* Experience managing a marketing budget
* Experience negotiating vendor/partner/marketing agreements
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
* Expert knowledge of all MS Office professional productivity applications (Word, PowerPoint, Access, InDesign, Photoshop)
* Expertise in Mac based graphic, video and audio editing
* Candidate must be willing to travel (~30%)
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States