Discovery is the number-one nonfiction media company, with a reach that encompasses television as well as digital media, retail products and online educational services. Our goal of helping people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity depends on maintaining a creative and entrepreneurial environment where individual expression, achievement and recognition go hand-in-hand with our business objectives and performance.
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement. Discovery Education's services are available not only in half of all U.S. schools, but in half of all English primary schools, numerous institutes of higher learning, and in 50 countries around the world.
Discovery Education builds strategic partnerships with school districts to transforming teaching and learning through the implementation of engaging standards-based K-12 digital curriculum, delivery of intensive professional development, and engagement within the global community. The Customer Experience team plays a critical role in achieving our goals of providing the best customer experience in education and demonstrating the educational impact needed to retain and grow our district partnerships.
The Director of Customer Experience Marketing is responsible for the development and execution of a post-sale marketing strategy driven by retention, loyalty, advocacy and renewal revenue goals.
The goals of the Director of Customer Experience Marketing:
• To ensure that each stage of the customer lifecycle is impacted by direct targeted marketing activity that drives deep usage, uptake of professional development, retention and advocacy.
• To listen to the customer and provide feedback into the product development process, ensuring the product provides sticky reasons for the customer to return over time.
• To develop systems and automation using data that creates efficiency in customer management at all stages of the lifecycle.
• To demonstrate the value of Discovery Education’s products and services through a continued and targeted customer communication strategy.
The Director will look to, whenever possible, quantify the impact of the marketing activities in achievement of these goals.
Customer Experience Marketing Strategy
1. Operationalize a process to manage customer lifecycle, from onboarding to usage stimulation, to reterntion and expansion of services
2. Create a data-driven environment to analyse and monitor utilization and to develop intervention and optimization strategies based on customer usage and health.
3. Create intergrated, metrics-based strategic marketing plans that address each stage of the lifecycle.
4. Create a dashboard of activity and results (ROI and Performance against Objectives) across each marketing channel to optimize marketing mix
5. Ensure all wider Discovery Education and Discovery Channel camoaigns provide an integrated and consistent experience for cusomters.
Onboarding and Welcome Back
6. Develop and implement on-boarding processes and develop resources for on-boarding both customers and trial
7. Implement “welcome back” processes and develop resources for renewed customers
8. Work to ensure a smooth customer transition from department to department
9. Develop consistent communications and messaging
Customer Success and Professional Development
10. Create online and offline resources that demonstrate the value of Discovery’s support in customer journey, from capturing the successful implementation experience to leveraging professional development impact and satisfaction measures
11. Support the Professional Development booking and upselling processes with marketing campaigns
12. Provide marketing and branding input into customer communications
Usage Stimulation and Embedding of Services
13. Work across the organization to drive customers towards sustained and deep use of products and services in order to prepare for a positive renewal conversation.
14. Ensure that all customers of every size are wrapped into a holistic customer communication strategy.
15. Leverage usage statistics to develop and analyze “test and learn” targeted campaigns.
16. Implement marketing automation best practices and develop personalized customer journeys.
17. Feedback into the product development cycle with insight gained from the customer experience.
Loyalty, Advocacy and Retention
18. Work with Renewals to develop and implement loyalty programs that increase retention, particularly with at risk customers
19. Provide strategic marketing support to Community and DEN
20. Engage community and integrate Discovery Educator Network activities to increase engagement, usage and advocacy
21. Drive awareness of customer success stories in account and across DE community
Systems, Data and Process Management
22. Optimize the customer lifecycle process through tools including CRM, email, and web.
23. Ensure we are gaining maximum use and return from our customer management systems
24. Implement Salesforce/ET triggers and marketing automation including Campaign Manager and Journey Builder
25. Work closely with business systems in maintaining a robust and clean customer database
Product Marketing: Streaming & Streaming Plus Services
a. Responsible for positioning, branding, content, segmenting the market and creating customer strategies.
b. Serve as the “hub” or cross-functional liaison working with Product team, Partnerships team, Marketing, Customer Experience team and other internal teams to develop and flawlessly execute these plans.
c. Translate the product team’s vision and positioning into field relevant messaging.
d. Develop all the tools required for Partnership team selling efforts in addition to Customer Experience tools
e. Develop marketing collateral plan through creative process to production, working with Partnership and Product teams to determine needs and gathering feedback on an on-going basis.
* Minimum 8 years experience working in a successful education, education leadership or development career;
* Demonstrated experience developing and communicating instructional content for educational settings
* Demonstrated knowledge of education technology including digital media and emerging web technologies and their application in the educational environment
* Experience with and/or willingness to learn a variety of content development technologies (e.g., screencasting programs)
* Google analytics and/or ability to analyse data to make informed decisions
* Organization, communication & project management skills essential
* Successful candidate will be a self-starter with strong initiative and problem solving skills
* High energy, passion and enthusiastic leadership skills are important
* Track record of handling multiple projects simultaneously while paying strong attention to detail
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
* Ability to travel approximately 30% of time (with seasonal variations)
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States