Domestic Distribution (DD) is responsible for more than 1 billion dollars in affiliate revenue to the company annually. Among the department’s goals is to secure and increase subscriber distribution on all platforms and add value for affiliate partners e.g. Comcast.
Affiliate Operations is one of several teams that comprise DD and its primary role is to provide operations support for all Domestic Distribution’s initiatives not limited to processing new launches, maintaining customer data, generating reports and managing the integrity of the satellite signals used to distribute network content e.g. Animal Planet.
The Business Analyst reports to the VP Operations but supports multiple other teams within the Domestic Distribution Department e.g. Compliance. The BA also works with Affiliate Finance, Affiliate Legal and IT to jointly develop, maintain and enhance the business systems/tools that manage the affiliate lifecycle, including agreements, network launches and billing. The three groups use the same integrated customer database which is an internally customized Oracle based tool called AMS. The primary data analytics/reporting tool is MicroStrategy’s Business Intelligence.
Specific tasks for the BA include but are not limited to requirements gathering and documentation, systems development best practices implementation, issue resolution, production support, user acceptance test creation and execution, training needs analysis and training development and project management. BA tasks, schedules and priorities are driven primarily by business needs and IT capacity.
The BA is expected to lead efforts to review, develop and validate new processes to support a changing business environment e.g. the distribution of content on digital platforms.
Developing and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external teams and project partners are critical to this role as the role requires a high level of interaction with subject matter experts, IT colleagues and partners in other business groups.
Support for special projects and occasional travel is required.
1. Implement SDLC best practices.
2. Maintain strategic oversight of solution oriented business process analysis and implementation of new technologies to support business needs.
3. Manage and execute business systems maintenance/development /enhancement projects for Domestic Distribution.
a. Develop business requirements and project plans
b. Interface between business teams and IT
c. Collaborate with IT on technical design and manage change requests
d. Develop test plans and cases, manage & perform user acceptance testing
e. Manage and monitor issues through resolution
4. Develop implement and manage data and quality control procedures and workflow efficiencies.
5. Develop and maintain procedures (PPM), Launch Authorization Forms, and reports to ensure efficient process and data management.
6. Manage project teams and resources as needed
7. Coordinate and manage training for new and current employees
* Preferred candidate must have at least a four year degree in Computer Information Systems or a related field.
* At least three years business analysis experience in a software development environment.
* At least two years project management or proven experience in managing multiple relationships and teams.
* Strong communication, analytical, multimedia presentation and documentation skills.
* Candidate must demonstrate initiative and an ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, work independently and meet tight deadlines.
* Extremely organized.
* Cable industry experience while not required is a plus.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.