Identify opportunities and sell in the value of Discovery’s content portfolio to digital distributors including online and other alternative platforms. Foster strong partnerships that maximize the value of Discovery products and services. Negotiate distribution deals and develop strategy. Manage partnership activities by collaborating with internal and external contributors.
1. Represent the Discovery portfolio in pitches/presentations to potential distribution partners in order to yield incremental revenue and optimize performance of Discovery content.
2. Collaborate with network and digital programming teams and be an expert on both the existing portfolio and upcoming content pipelines
3. Negotiate new video distribution deals for Discovery content across varied business models and territories.
4. Renew agreements with existing partners with objective to grow revenue year over year.
5. Collaborate effectively across many different departments and stakeholder groups including digital, programming, operations, marketing, finance and legal.
6. Establish and develop relationships with new and existing digital platforms.
7. Serve as main business contact for select clients to maintain a productive partnership, troubleshoot problems and maximize revenue opportunities.
8. Create and maintain sales presentations, summaries and other strategic documents.
9. Maintain understanding of competitive marketplace including positioning of other programmers, business models, offerings and new initiatives.
* Minimum of 5-7 years’ in content sales, acquisitions or partnerships
* Candidate must have a comprehensive understanding of the multiplatform digital content landscape and be up to date on current trends in the marketplace.
* Candidate must have a passion for video content with the ability to effectively present/pitch to digital partners
* Candidate must have working knowledge of content needs of both current and emerging digital platforms
* Candidate must have direct experience with digital TV platforms.
* Candidate must have the savvy, drive, energy and commitment to think creatively in order to drive new revenue for Discovery content.
* Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communications skills with experience in developing strategic sales presentations
* Candidate should have current relationships with key clients in digital distribution space.
* Candidate must be a strategic thinker and creative problem solver.
* Candidate must be a team player with high personal integrity and impeccable communication and prioritization skills.
* Willing to travel for business purposes.
* Undergraduate degree required; MA/MBA preferred but not required.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.